Information for Renters
COVID-19 resourses for the multi-family industry
The Apartment Association of Tarrant County (based in Fort Worth, TX) is a 64-year old regional trade association whose 1,750 members include property owners and managers as well as supplier-partners representing 220,000 apartment homes throughout a 9-county area in north-central Texas. AATC's stakeholders would agree their primary objective is to provide a positive environment where comfortable homes can be maintained for their clients.
The information below has been provided to help with rental assistance needs.
*Note: The Apartment Association of Tarrant County does not keep an attorney on staff; therefore, all information gathered from this site should not be counted as the final word in any legal matters, or otherwise, you are currently involved with.
Here at the Apartment Association of Tarrant County, we do not have an attorney on staff to help with apartment resident lease questions or general landlord/tenant law. We are a multifamily trade association representing properties, management companies, and relevant supplier partners.
If you have an issue with your landlord, we recommend you take the following steps:
1) Talk with your property manager (or owner, if relevant) and work to resolve the issue. If you are unable to resolve the issue, reach out to their supervisor. In some cases, legal representation will be your only recourse.
2) Contact a landlord/tenant attorney to see if they can help you. If you require legal assistance, you can reach out to Legal Aid of Northwest Texas office at 817-336-3943. If you need help paying your rent, call 211 on your phone to find social support services in your area or visit their website at https://211.org.
3) If your problem is a city code violation (trash, water, safety, etc), try contacting the City of Fort Worth at https://fortworthtexas.gov or call them at 817-392-1234
Rental Assistance Resources:
- Arlington: https://www.arlingtontx.gov/city_hall/departments/housing_authority
- Fort Worth: http://fortworthtexas.gov/neighborhoods/covid-19-relief-funds/
- Tarrant: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/housing-assistance-office.html
- Parker: https://www.parkercountytx.com/456/COVID-19-Update
- Johnson: https://www.johnsoncountytx.org/departments/indigent-healthcare
- Wise: https://co.wise.tx.us/304/Covid-19
State of Texas:
- Texas Health and Human Services rent assistance:
- Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs housing assistance: https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/texans.htm
- Mission Arlington: https://missionarlington.org/
- West Aid: https://www.westaid.org/
- United Way – Tarrant County: https://www.unitedwaytarrant.org/
- Cornerstone Assistance Network: http://www.canetwork.org/home.aspx
- Fort Worth Catholic Charities: https://www.catholiccharitiesfortworth.org/
- Samaritan House- Covid 19 relief must be Ft Worth resident.
Programs@samaritanhouse.org 817.332.6410 X-195 or email@example.com
- Martin United Methodist Church: 2621 Bedford Road 76021. 817.734.7057
- Grace Grapevine Relief and Community Exchange
610 Shady Brook Dr. 76051. 817.488.7009
- Wesley Mission Center
777 N. Walnut Creek Dr., Mansfield 76063. 817.473.6650
Offers help in Mansfield ISD area only.
- First United Methodist Church Euless
106 Main St. Euless 76040. 817.283.4421
- Salvation Army Tarrant
1855 East Lancaster Fort Worth 76013. 817.344.1800
- Como Center- Community Action Partners Fort Worth
1100 NW 18th Street, Ft Worth, 76112. 817.871.5962.
- Tri Ethnic Center Ft Worth.
2950 Roosevelt Ave. Ft Worth 76106. 817.871.5850.
- Martin Luther King Center Fort Worth
5565 Truman Drive, Ft Worth 76112. 817.871.5962
- Arlington Urban Ministries
Helps Arlington residents. 701 Dugan St. Arlington 76010. 817.861.8585.
- Broadway Baptist Center Fort Worth
West Broadway Ave, 76104. 817.336.7464. Helps ft. Worth residents.
- The Battered Womans Foundation
4166 Willman Ave. Richland Hills. 76180. 817.427.0720.
- Texas Comprehensive Utility Assistance Program:
- Public Utility Commission utility assistance:
MAKE A UGM DONATION