Information for Renters

Tenants — Know Your Rights! Download the Pamphlet Below.

The Fort Worth Apartment Association is a 57-year old regional trade association whose 1,850 members include property owners and managers as well as supplier-partners representing 230,000 apartment homes throughout a 9-county area in north-central Texas. AATC's stakeholders would agree their primary objective is to provide a positive environment where comfortable homes can be maintained for their clients.  

The information below has been provided to help with rental assistance needs and tenant inquires.

*Note: The Fort Worth Apartment Association does not keep an attorney on staff; therefore, all information gathered from this site should not be counted as the final word in any legal matters, or otherwise, you are currently involved with.

General Complaints: we are not the appropriate business to file a complaint against your landlord. Please see below for resources which may assist you.

General Information and Tenant Inquiries

Here at the Fort Worth Apartment Association, we do not have an attorney on staff to help with apartment resident lease questions or general landlord/tenant law. We are a multifamily trade association representing properties, management companies, and relevant supplier partners.

If you have an issue with your landlord, we recommend you take the following steps:

1) Talk with your property manager (or owner, if relevant) and work to resolve the issue. If you are unable to resolve the issue, reach out to their supervisor. In some cases, legal representation will be your only recourse.

2) Contact a landlord/tenant attorney to see if they can help you.

3) If you require legal assistance, you can reach out to Legal Aid of Northwest Texas office at 800-955-3959 or you can visit their website at: 

4) You also have the option to reach out to the Texas Tenants Union at 214-823-2733 or visit their website at for assistance. 

5) If you need help paying your rent, call 211 on your phone to find social support services in your area or visit their website at

6) If your problem is a city code violation (trash, water, health, safety, etc), try contacting the City of Fort Worth at or call them at 817-392-1234

Housing Authorities:

State of Texas:

Local Non-Profits:
  • Mission Arlington:
  • West Aid:
  • United Way – Tarrant County:
  • Cornerstone Assistance Network:
  • Fort Worth Catholic Charities:
  • Samaritan House- Covid 19 relief must be Ft Worth resident. 817.332.6410 X-195 or
  • Martin United Methodist Church: 2621 Bedford Road  76021. 817.734.7057
  • Grace Grapevine Relief and Community Exchange 
    610 Shady Brook Dr. 76051.  817.488.7009
  • Wesley Mission Center
    777 N. Walnut Creek Dr., Mansfield 76063. 817.473.6650
    Offers help in Mansfield ISD area only.
  • First United Methodist Church Euless
    106 Main St. Euless 76040. 817.283.4421
  • Salvation Army Tarrant
    1855 East Lancaster Fort Worth 76013. 817.344.1800
  • Como Center- Community Action Partners Fort Worth
    1100 NW 18th Street, Ft Worth, 76112. 817.871.5962.
  • Tri Ethnic Center Ft Worth.
    2950 Roosevelt Ave. Ft Worth 76106. 817.871.5850.
  • Martin Luther King Center Fort Worth
    5565 Truman Drive, Ft Worth 76112. 817.871.5962
  • Arlington Urban Ministries
    Helps Arlington residents. 701 Dugan St. Arlington 76010. 817.861.8585.
  • Broadway Baptist Center Fort Worth
    West Broadway Ave, 76104. 817.336.7464. Helps ft. Worth residents.
  • The Battered Womans Foundation
    4166 Willman Ave. Richland Hills. 76180.  817.427.0720.

General Help:


Utility Assistance:

Information for renters

Union Gospel Mission of Fort Worth needs assistance, if you'd like to make a donation, click the link below.

Tarrant County Updates

Texas State / TAA Updates

Federal / NAA Updates