Apartment Resident Information

The Apartment Association of Tarrant County is a 64-year old regional trade association whose 1,750 members include property owners and managers as well as supplier-partners representing 220,00 apartment homes throughout a 9-county area in north-central Texas. AATCs stakeholders would agree their primary objective is to provide a positive environment where comfortable homes can be maintained for their clients.  

The information below has been provided to help with rental assistance needs.


Need support? Contact 2-1-1: https://www.211texas.org/
COVID-19 Assistance: http://www.findhelp.org

City of Fort Worth’s Community Action Partners (CAP) Assistance Program

The City of Fort Worth’s Community Action Partners (CAP) serves as the Community Action Agency for Tarrant County and provides comprehensive services to economically disadvantaged individuals, families and the elderly.

Through CAP programs, residents learn to become financially independent, reducing and eliminating their reliance on social services. In 2018, CAP assisted 13,587 low-income individuals overcome barriers and make positive life changes.


Coronavirus Renters Resources

The Texas Apartment Association has put together a document that answer many renter questions regarding the impact of COVID-19. The information is designed to get you pushed in the right direction to get the help you need. You can view/download the document below.

Texas Supreme Court Eviction Order

On April 6, 2020, the Texas Supreme Court halted all evictions until April 30th.

View order here

Tarrant County Food Pantry Search

If you are in need of food assistance, please use the link below to search for food pantries in your area. *NOTE: they are running low on donations, so you can use link to donate as well.


COVID-19 Resources and Information


If you need legal assistance, then Legal Aid of Northwest Texas may be able to help.



Will not terminate services for the next 60 days -Will waive late payments and fees -Offer services if unable to pay bill MUST CALL 800-288-2020 or 611 High Call Volumes

Charter Spectrum

Free broadband and Wi-Fi for students K-12 -Only for 60 days -Must not already have internet access -Opening free public hotspots for internet access MUST CALL 1-844-488-8395

Medicare and Medicaid

Covers COVID-19 testing -Covers Telehealth virtual check-ins MUST CALL High Call Volumes


Will not terminate services for the next 60 days -Will waive late payments and fees -Offer services if unable to pay bill MUST CALL 800-922-0204 High Call Volumes


Call 211 to find agencies who can aid through their CARE Program -Clients need to call 1-866-RELIANT for payment extensions. Currently, there is a 5% fee to extend payments

Here at the Apartment Association of Tarrant County, we do not have an attorney on staff to help with apartment resident lease questions or general landlord/tenant law. We are a multifamily trade association representing properties, management companies and relevant supplier partners.

If you have an issue with your landlord, we recommend you take the following steps:

1) Talk with your property manager (or owner, if relevant) and work to resolve the issue. If you are unable to resolve the issue, reach out to their supervisor. In some cases, legal representation will be your only recourse.

2) Contact a landlord/tenant attorney to see if they can help you. If you require legal assistance, you can reach out to Legal Aid of Northwest Texas office at 817-336-3943. If you need help paying your rent, call 211 on your phone to find social support services in your area or visit their website at https://211.org.

3) If your problem is a city code violation (trash, water, safety, etc), try contacting the City of Fort Worth at http://fortworthtexas.gov or call them at 817-392-1234