TAA annual awards and recognition
Annual TAA Awards
The Texas Apartment Association’s professional awards program honors outstanding individuals who exemplify high standards in their field, strive for excellence and serve their communities and their profession by participating actively in their local apartment associations.
Nominate Yourself or a Colleague for a TAA Professional Award!
- Barbara MacManus Apartment Manager of the Year
- Mary Williams Maintenance Professional of the Year
- Anita Marcino Leasing Professional of the Year
- Rita Kirby Regional Property Manager of the Year
- Bob Ross Independent Rental Owner of the Year
- Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award
- Association Executive of the Year
Recipients of TAA's Professional Awards must be a TAA member or employed by a TAA member. Previous winners of TAA's Professional Awards are not eligible to receive the same award more than once.
To get started:
- If you are beginning the nomination form for the first time, click on "If you're a new user, please click here" in the upper right hand corner of this page to fill out a profile that will allow you to save your work and return later.
- If you have already started your nomination form, please click on "submit an entry" to log in to the system.
Winners of the 2020 Professional Awards will be notified by mid-March 2020.
The recipients of the 2020 Professional Awards will be presented with their award at the Installation and Awards Dinner at the TAA Education Conference in Ft Worth. Winners of the leasing, maintenance, manager, regional and independent owner awards will receive a complimentary registration to the 2020 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo and one additional ticket to the Installation & Awards Dinner. The winner of the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award will receive one additional ticket to the Installation & Award Dinner.
- Answer each question to the best of your ability.
- Make sure your supervisor writes a letter of recommendation for you. For Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award nominees, the letter may come from a colleague if you do not have a supervisor.
- For nominees of the leasing, maintenance, manager, regional or independent owner awards, ask your local association to sign the statement of membership and NAAEI designation status form so that you can upload it to your nomination form. Your local association has this form.
If you have any questions about the Leasing, Maintenance, Manager, Regional or Independent Owner Awards, please contact:
Donna Harbers, CMP
Vice President of Meetings & Education
Texas Apartment Association
Olin Steele Award
This year we are making the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award more inclusive to all supplier partners of the Texas Apartment Association. This was discussed at the October AE Council meeting to overwhelming support. The concept was vetted by the TAA Olin Steele Award Committee, comprised of past recipients, and they are on currently on board with the changes as well.
Here’s how the process will work:
- Applications will not be required to come through local associations. Locals will be required to confirm that the employer company is a member in good standing, verify the years of involvement, positions held and that the nominee’s designation(s) are current.
- Staff will forward award nomination forms received from members to the local association upon receipt so that locals know who from their association is being nominated.
- Candidates can now fill out the actual nomination forms online. Members and local associations can also forward a link to a deserving colleague or member as well.
- The Olin Steele past award winners will narrow the field to five to submit to the TAA Executive Committee for review and select a winner.
- Candidates must have participated on a local or state level for at least 10 years. This is more in keeping of a lifetime achievement award.
- Olin Steele submission deadline is moved to January 31, 2020.
If you have any questions about the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award, please contact:
Lynn Fisher, CMP
Vice President of Conference & Exhibition
Texas Apartment Association