CALP - Certified Apartment Leasing Professional
Set yourself apart from the crowd as a nationally recognized CALP designate
2023 Spring CALP Designate Program
WE RECOMMEND THIS COURSE for leasing consultants, concierges, and career changers with hospitality, retail, or customer service experience.
Earning your CALP credential, many people's first industry credential shows your employer that you're committed to a career in residential property management.
SET YOURSELF APART from other leasing professionals by earning your national designation recognized across the country by the National Apartment Association.
You'll learn about
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Measuring and managing your community's reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Researching the competition and building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Creating effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales process and evaluating your personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect's commitment level and overcoming objections
- Preparing prospects for the next steps in the rental process
- Applying fair housing law and communicating rental criteria
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- Move-In processes
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidences, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
Industry Experience Requirement:
CALP Candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CALP Designation:
- A minimum of 6 months of onsite property management experience.
- Individuals without this experience may earn a provisional certificate.
- Have successfully completed CALP coursework, and
- Meet all examination requirements within 6 months of enrolling in the program.
Program Dates and Modules:
Bringing in New Residents & Marketing and Maintaining Your Community
Why Your Competition Matters & Market Analysis
Relevant Laws and How to Apply Them & the Sales Process and Building Relationships
Effectively Meeting the Needs of Current Residents & Course Exam Review and Prep
Program Sponsored By
Katy Polanco, CALP, NAAEI Faculty