Serve on an AATC committee.
One of the best ways for association members to realize a significant return on membership investment is by serving on one of our committees. You’ll meet new people, make new friends, and develop valuable new business relationships. Many of our volunteer-driven committees are open to members with time to give and a passion for serving. From membership to education and community service to communications, we have a wide variety of service opportunities waiting for you.
All you need to do to get involved is scroll down to the bottom of this page, check the available committee that interests you most, and click submit. Your selection goes directly to the staff director responsible for each committee...and that’s when it’s our job to reach out to you. We begin forming our committees from scratch every January, so roll up your sleeves and sign-up—we look forward to working with you!
2022 AATC Committees
The following are committees OPEN for members to serve if interested:
Community Service (Toy Drive & Bowling Tournament)
Committee Chair – Adam Keck, HD Supply; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- The association is deeply committed to giving back to the communities where we do business. Our community service focus includes the US Marine Corps Annual Toys for Tots campaign as well as AATC's primary community service partner--Union Gospel Mission of Fort Worth.
Committee Chair – Katy Polanco, Olympus; Gregory Ann Goldrick, Staff Director
- AATC's education programs are designed to teach as well as inspire. From professional credentials to quick take-aways, we’re always working to push our members to be the best of the best in the multihousing business.
Golf (Spring and Fall Golf Tournaments)
Committee Chair – John Brandes, DeFord's Supply; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Get ready to plan, market, manage, and host 2 of the association’s most popular events - Our spring and fall golf tournaments! These are fun events where supplier partners and owner members get to network.
Committee Chair – John Gillespie, WAK Management; Perry Pillow, Staff Director
- Representing our member’s advocacy interests when it comes to the public side of the multi-housing business is one of the most important things we do. AATC remains constantly on guard, working with leaders at the municipal, county, state, and national levels to ensure a responsible regulatory environment.
2022 Lone Star Awards
Committee Chair – Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Recognizing achievement is the cornerstone of what we do. AATCs prestigious Lone Star Awards is the most recognized multihousing prize in the Metroplex. Join us to plan, market, manage, and host the best of the best in the business.
Committee Chair – James Buford, American Landmark; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Maintenance Mania is our wonderful "Maintenance Olympics." It’s that one day of the year when maintenance pros can step away from their daily routines and spend an evening with their peers and also determine whose skills are the quickest.
Committee Chairs – Lake Barnes, American Landmark, and Daniel Pentikis, Honey Bees Roofing; Sheila Wiggin, Staff Director
- We’re constantly on the prowl looking for multihousing owners, managers, and service providers who can benefit from association membership.
Committee Chair – Becca Brown, Lowe's Pro Supply; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Bridging the gap between all apartment industry professionals, while mentoring our next generation of leaders.
Products & Services Council
Council Chair – James Giddens, Sherwin Williams; Ed Blinn, Staff Director
- Our amazing vendor partners provide dimension to association membership. It’s our PSC that works hard every day to make property management the best it can be. If you’re a vendor, you’re already a member of our PSC.
2022 Trade Show
Committee Chair – Kyle Gambrell; Ed Blinn, Staff Director
- A showplace for what property management needs is the best description for AATC's November trade show. Help us plan, market, manage, and host one of the largest multihousing markets in the business.
The following are committees CLOSED as they have pre-selected committees:
AATC Political Action Committee
Committee Chair – Michael Payne, Allmark Properties; Perry Pillow, Staff Director
Michael Payne & Perry Pillow (AATCs 7 Executive Officers serve as the PACs Trustees with our president-elect serving as its chair; and, I serve as the PAC Treasurer with Perry appointed to manage the PACs business affairs)
- Our budget committee includes our executive officers who develop AATC's 2021 budget and manage the association’s fiscal assets in a responsible, open, and accurate manner.
Budget & Finance Committee
Committee Chair – Cayce Coon, Madera; Sheila Wiggin, Staff Director
(AATCs 7 Executive Officers serve as its members)
- Our budget committee includes our executive officers who develop AATC's 2020 budget and manage the association’s fiscal assets in a responsible, open, and accurate manner.
The Business Exchange
Committee Chair – Nicole McQuarry, American Landmark; Perry Pillow, Staff Director
(members selected by the chair from prior-year participation)
- Plan, market, manage and host the association’s 2021 Business Exchange event.
The Divas Cup
Committee Chair – Cindi Scoggins, Westdale; Sheila Wiggin, Staff Director
- Cindi Scoggins & Sheila Wiggin (9 team captains serve as its members)
The always popular Divas Cup, our fun ladies golf tournament develops additional funds to help support the association’s education initiatives including credential program scholarship and keynote speaker expenses.
Committee Chair – April Royal, Capstone; Perry Pillow, Staff Director
(members selected by the chair from prior-year Lyceum grads)
- Leadership development is one of AATC's most important recurring tasks. The people we choose to provide direction for tomorrow are today’s greatest assets.
Industry Research Committee
Committee Chair - T Jaye Sanders, Madera; Perry Pillow, Staff Director
Crystal Martin & Perry Pillow (new committee, members selected by its chair)
- Compiles demographic and economic-impact data regarding multifamily housing in AATC’s service area.