AATC Announces $5,000 in scholarship Money Still Available.
Members of the Apartment Association of Tarrant County are eligible to apply for educational financial assistance from the AATC Scholarship Fund which provides professionals in the property management industry with financial assistance toward professional growth and continuing education.
Scholarships are available for all NAAEI designations offered at the Apartment Association of Tarrant County and any other education programs deemed by the scholarship fund committee.
The AATC Scholarship Fund will agree to pay a partial (50%) to full (100%) amount of the total cost of the following programs contingent upon the successful completion of all criteria and online submission forms.
Applicant(s) must be serious about pursuing a career in the residential property management industry and provided that the following guidelines are met:
- Successfully submit the online scholarship application with a letter of recommendation from their company or supervisor.
- This scholarship is for the financial assistance of NAAEI Certified Programs and any other education programs deemed by the scholarship fund.
- The individual whose company is not able to help pay tuition or has no tuition reimbursement program. Applicants must be employed by an AATC member in good standing.
- The applicant must be available to attend all designated dates (stated above) for the program chosen. The scholarship award is not transferable to the following year. All programs are for the training dates and programs listed above.
- Applicants will meet with the Education Director of the Apartment Association for an interview.
- The individual must successfully pass all of the course requirements and pass the exam within 6 months of taking the course. If the applicant fails to fulfill this agreement, the applicant will be responsible for the repayment of scholarship funds.
- Once the scholarship fund is depleted, no more funds will be disbursed for the year.
- Scholarships apply only for those programs listed above and delivered by AATC and its instructors.
All items must be adhered to in order to be eligible to receive the scholarship: (this form does not constitute or imply an offer to provide you with the scholarship)
- All applicants must hold a valid High School Diploma or equivalent and have one year of experience in the multifamily industry. Careful consideration is given prior to awarding a Scholarship with special emphasis placed on an individual's commitment to the industry, their economic needs, and overall character.
The scholarship includes the following:
- Cost of Textbook(s)
*no monetary funds are given directly to the person(s) awarded the scholarship.
If the applicant is awarded a scholarship, all modules and testing must be completed within 6 months of taking the program if a certified program. If taking additional courses and an exam is required, the applicant must pass the exam to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is only awarded to those individuals who would be paying with personal funds and/or whose company will not pay for education programs and will not reimburse employees for education programs.
- There will be a maximum of 2 recipients awarded per calendar year from any given company (and their affiliates) and no more than 1 recipient per location.
- Recipients are responsible for attending all of the courses within the given program and must be on time for each class.
- The education program must be completed in the time frame specified. Failure to complete the program will result in the candidate being required to reimburse the scholarship fund for the awarded scholarship amount.
- Scholarship awards include the cost of the educational program only. Recipients will not be reimbursed for any lost wages as a result of class attendance.
- Recipients must maintain the highest standards of professionalism including conduct, appearance, etc while involved in any AATC event or classes.
- Partial or retroactive scholarships are not available to current designation students.
- Applicants may not have received an education scholarship for any designation within the last two years.
Please note, incomplete applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Lane Been, Pilot Properties, serves as AATC's Education Fund Chair. For more information, contact Gregory Ann Goldrick at email@example.com.