CAMT - Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician
With Jimmy McClung, NAAEI Faculty
WE RECOMMEND THIS COURSE for maintenance technicians, property managers, regional managers, porters, housekeepers, and groundskeepers who are ready for advancement.
Earning your CAMT boosts your knowledge and skills, your reputation, and your confidence.
Dates for CAMT are: September 19,20,21 and 26,27, 28
Times: 9 to 5pm.
Location: Association Office
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Processing work orders efficiently and to residents' satisfaction
- Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, appliance, construction, and lock and key services and repairs
- Painting services
- Customer service
- Following company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage
- Maintenance safety
- Fair housing regulatory compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Documenting and reporting maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily maintenance
- Maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementing a preventative maintenance schedule
- Professional behavior, communication skills
Modules: Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair, Appliance Maintenance and Repair, Electrical Repair and Maintenance, Heating Systems Maintenance and Repair, Interior and Exterior Maintenance and Repair, Plumbing Maintenance and Repair
Program Requirements: CAMT Candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CAMT Designation:
- A minimum of 12 months of onsite property maintenance experience
- An individual without 12 months of onsite experience may earn a Provisional certificate.
- Have successfully completed CAMT coursework, and
- Meet all examination requirements within 6 months of enrolling in the program.